Bruxism is on the rise in Australia, but correctly identifying, diagnosing and treating bruxism is not as straightforward as you might think. That’s because not all bruxism cases are the same, and a range of contributing factors can impact how you treat it.
In this webinar, Perth-based oral medicine specialist and noted oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr Amanda Phoon Nguyen, joins Avant Dental’s Ian Feigen and Richard Salter to reveal her expert tips for identifying, diagnosing and successfully treating bruxism.
Dr Phoon Nguyen is an experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeon and an oral medicine specialist at the Perth Oral Medicine and Dental Sleep Centre. She’s also an adjunct senior lecturer at the University of Western Australia, vice-president of the Australian Dental Association Western Australia (ADAWA), and co-chair of the Australasian Sleep Association.
– The difference between TMD, TMJ and bruxism
– Common misconceptions about bruxism
– How to identify and diagnose bruxism
– Sleep apnoea and bruxism diagnosis
– Splint preferences for bruxism treatment
– When to refer a bruxism case to a specialist
– Working with a specialist on bruxism cases
Webinar topic: Bruxism diagnosis and treatment: Specialist tips
Hosts: Ian Feigen and Richard Salter
Guest Speaker: Dr Amanda Phoon Nguyen
When: On-demand at a time that suits you